Western Dental offers three types of dentures (full, partial, and implant).
Full dentures are complete sets of artificial teeth. They’re fully removable and are primarily held into place by suction.
If you have some teeth remaining, partial dentures may be a good option. Although partial dentures are attached to your natural teeth with nylon or metal clasps, they are also fully removable.
Also known as overdentures, implant dentures are full dentures that are set into place by dental implants (small screws attached to your jawbone). Implant dentures remain stable in your mouth while also being fully removable.
Whether you have full, partial or implant dentures, all forms must be properly cared for and cleaned. Here are a few tips to keep your dentures looking great:
- Remove and rinse your dentures after eating
- Carefully handle your dentures (don’t bend or damage while cleaning)
- Clean your mouth after denture removal
- Brush your dentures each day
- Soak your dentures overnight
- Rinse your dentures before putting them back into your mouth
- Schedule regular dental checkups
If you have any questions about dentures, please contact Western Dental to make an appointment.