Denture basics for beginners
Partial dentures replace one to a few missing teeth. They use a metal frame to clip on to your natural teeth.
Full dentures replace all of your teeth.
Implant-secured dentures mount onto implants that are surgically embedded in your jaw, which improves chewing up to 90% compared to traditional dentures.
Caring for dentures: You still need to brush your teeth!
Dentures might be manmade, but you still have to take care of them and your mouth. The bacteria that causes plaque and gum disease are still working away, everyday.
- Brush your removable dentures — traditional or implant supported — every day
- Brush your gums, cheeks, tongue and the roof of your mouth before you pop in your choppers
- Soak your dentures overnight; never let them dry out
- Don’t soak them in hot water. They could warp out of shape.
- See your dentist for a checkup and cleaning every six months, just like always